Give dad what he deserves:
1. A good night's sleep - Under the Canopy is arguably the most certified sustainable home brand on the market. Their 100% GOTS certified organic cotton sheets are a dream (pun intended). Not only are they really affordable (a queen set is just $60), but super high quality. Added bonus: with each wash, organic cotton gets softer, so dad will only adore them more with time.
2. An effortless sense of style - Saint James' iconic Breton striped tshirts are timeless and versatile. Whether the light-weight cotton MINQUIERS or the thicker, carded cotton MERIDIEN (traditional for sailing, and best if dad is a seaman, like mine!), these classic styles make dressing easy and are perfect for summer days or evenings.
3. A good, stiff drink - On the rocks, shaken or stirred, if dad is into booze, it's the perfect opportunity to gift him an artisanal, locally crafted bottle of his alcohol of choice. If he's into gin (good man), then Brooklyn Gin is one of the best and the bottle is beautiful, intended for display on a bar. Tuthilltown Spirits out of Hudson, NY, makes a killer whiskey; Kings County Distillery crafts an award-winning bourbon; I despise scotch, but lots of dad's don't, so my scotch-loving friend suggests Lagavulin; Sag Harbor Rum makes a super unique and delicious sipping rum... and (not local NY, but) I love just about anything done by Koval Distillery in Chicago--limited edition barreled peach brandy? Count me in.
4. An elevated, hands-free workout - WOLACO (Way of Life Athletic Co.) engineers the next generation of compressive athletic apparel. Domestically produced, high-quality compression gear that is designed with water-resistant, compressive media pockets to store and safeguard valuables while working out... exciting news for active dads everywhere.
5. A step in the right direction - A new pair of kicks for the summer that are also sustainably produced? Sounds like a good idea to me. Right now, I'm crushing on Nisolo's beautiful handmade leather shoes, but for an everyday pair, Veja is a great brand using organic materials and fair trade sourcing.
6. A new timepiece - If you're feeling particularly generous this year, Larsson & Jennings is my newest obsession in the world of watches. These Swiss-made pieces are beautiful, and the result of some serious craftsmanship--tested and backed by a 5-year warranty. The coolest aspect is the crystal sapphire glass finish on the face, which is the second (only to diamond) hardest and most durable material on Earth. Talk about standing the test of time...